Did you know that R2-D2 was originally supposed to be played by a dwarf? However, after three dwarfs tried out for the part, with one fatality, they decided to go with a midget instead. For those wondering, dwarfism is actually a medical condition, whereas midgets are just exceptionally short people. Continue reading to see ten more cool facts.
5 Fun Star Wars facts:
- It took three different actors to portray Darth Vader : David Prowse (body), James Earl Jones (voice) et Sebastian Shaw (face).
- R2-D2 was named after that a technician from "American Graffiti" asked to Lucas the Reel number 2, Dialogue track number 2.
- The small actor hiding into R2-D2 is named Kenny Baker and is less than 4 feet tall!
- Chewbacca's name is inspired by the name of Chebika City, in Tunisia, near the place where Tatooine scenes where shot.
- The name of Jawa is simply taken from the Lucas family doctor's name.
[Sources 1 | 2 | 3]