Sure, all of these strange prototypes aren't functional, but they do show what Frog designer Hartmut Esslinger and Steve Jobs had in mind back during the 1980s. Their partnership began when the "Snow White" project began in 1982, which was a design competition won by Frog. According to Twisted Sifter, "The result of this partnership between entrepreneur and designer is of historic dimensions: Steve Jobs was the first to make Strategic Design the core of Apple's Business Strategy. By this, Apple grew from an originally technology focused company into one of the world's most successful, global brands, and this was achieved by creating and delivering innovative and intelligent products." Continue reading to see more.
Let's face it, most of us probably don't wake up happy to go to work every morning, but some people learn to make the best of their situation in slightly unusual ways. For example, one office worker decided to place an old wired computer mouse inside a mouse trap for all to see. Other examples include: strange signs, cardboard cutouts, and lots more. Continue reading to see more funny geeks who are making the best of boring jobs.
Hey, maybe cats really do know how to use computers. I mean, they probably spend hours observing their human owners each and everyday. On a related note, did you know that the first recorded use of the word "computer" is also from the 17th century? It applied to human computers, people who performed calculations, often as employment. The first computer devices were conceived of in the 19th century, and only emerged in their modern form in the 1940s. Continue reading for more.
Photo credit: Pc Per
WD's Black2 Dual Drive is currently being offered for only $199 shipped, this week only, originally priced at $399.99. The WD Black2 dual drive is a completely new approach in a compromised solid-state and hybrid storage market. Finally you can have the speed of an SSD that you want and the capacity of a hard drive that you need in your notebook or all-in-one PC. Product page. Continue reading for a video unboxing, overview and more information.
- Revolutionary dual drive with 120 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD.
- World's first 2.5-inch dual drive storage solution.
- Fully accessible SSD for the operating system, generous capacity hard drive for personal data and large files.
- Dual drives extend the life of MLC NAND and maintain optimum SSD performance.
- You control where your data resides with no need for large cloud storage or expensive third party storage plans.
- Built for laptops, all-in-one PCs, gaming PCs, mobile workstations, small form factor PCs, high-performance laptops.