Always wanted an easier way to capture 360-degree photos without having to resort to post-production software like Photoshop? Then look no further than Panono. This camera ball is loaded with 36 cameras to ensure you get the perfect 360-degree shot. When it's tossed into the air, the camera measures the launch acceleration to calculate when the camera is at its highest point and barely moving. Continue reading for three videos and more information.
Nikon's D5100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens is currently being offered for only $429 shipped, today only, originally priced at $649.95. Take pictures or record movies from a unique viewpoint, the D5100's 3.0 inch, super sharp, 921,000-dot Vari-angle LCD monitor allows for versatile high quality viewing and playback. Product page. Continue reading to watch a short film shot with this camera and for more information.
- 3-inch, 921,000-dot Super-Density horizontal type Vari-Angle LCD Monitor.
- In-camera Special Effects Mode.
- In-camera HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- Stunning Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus.
- ISO Sensitivity: 100-6400 (Extended Mode: 100-25600).
Photo credit: The Verge / ePhotozine
Panasonic's DMC-G5KK Micro 4/3 Camera is currently being offered for only $299.99 shipped, today only, originally priced at $699. The 16.05-megapixel Live MOS Sensor features Panasonic's original pixel-mix technology, designed exclusively to minimize noise generation. The fine wiring results in high resolution and quick processing. Product page.
- AVCHD Full HD (1080p),ISO Sensitivity Auto: 160-12800.
- 16M digital Live MOS sensor+Venus Engine 7FHD.
- Engine 7FHD 3, 920K dots Free-angle touch LCD.
- Full time AF, Full HD video.
- 920K dots Free-angle touch LCD.
Canon's EOS 5D Mark III DSLR is currently being offered for just $2699 shipped, today only, originally priced at $3399. Addressing the requests of the pros and building on the unprecedented success of its namesake, the EOS 5D Mark III captures HD video with a level of sophistication on par with professional movie cameras offering phenomenal performance on a DSLR. Product page. Continue reading for a short film shot entirely with the 5D Mark III.
- Newly designed 22.3 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L:50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light and next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 61-Point High Density Reticular AF including up to 41 cross-type AF points with f/4.0 lens support and 5 dual diagonal AF points (sensitive to f/2.8).
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
Photo credit: Obamapacman
The Apple QuickTake (above) is one of the first consumer digital camera lines. It was launched in 1994 by Apple Computer and was marketed for three years. The 200 model is only officially compatible with the Apple Macintosh, while the 100 and 150 model are compatible with both the Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows. The various QuickTake models did not sell very well, as other companies such as Kodak, Fujifilm, Canon, and Nikon entered the digital market with brands that consumers associated with photography. They were discontinued in 1997 shortly after Steve Jobs came back to Apple. Continue reading for more.
Sony's DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 are unlike any other digital camera in that these two lens-shaped devices are designed to work with smartphones and not replace their existing internal cameras. Think "of them as wireless lenses with their own image sensors that connect to smartphones (iOS or Android) with the DSC-QX10 considered the "low-end" and the DSC-QX100 the "high-end" model." Continue reading for a video, more pictures, and additional information.
Here's a fascinating look at the 570-megapixel DECam, also known as Dark Energy Camera, the world's most powerful digital camera. It's result of eight years of planning and construction by scientists, engineers, and technicians spanning three continents. The image above (bottom) shows globular star cluster 47 Tucanae, which lies about 17,000 light years from Earth. Continue reading for three videos, more pictures, and additional information.
At first glance, this may appear to be just a toy, but the slingshot you see above is actually a digital camera. Users simply need to pull the elastic band back and fire away to capture images. There's a hidden USB port at the bottom to make transferring files a cinch. Continue reading for more pictures.
Simply put, the Air Clicker is an ultra minimalistic camera, as it's essentially a Bluetooth enabled camera lens that's equipped with a motion-sensor shutter button mounted on two rubber bands. To take photos, simply use two fingers to perform a click gesture and the images are immediately sent to your smartphone. Continue reading to see the actual device.