Unlike other touchscreens, this electrovibration-based display from Disney Research uses a new algorithm developed in-house to allow the human hand to feel the textures of objects as presented on the screen. It maps the frictional forces between the screen and the user's finger to the surface contours of the virtual 3D image presented on the touchscreen. Continue reading for a video and more information.
Seiki's SE50UY04 50" 4K Ultra HD LED TV brings your favorite movies, games, and shows to life with greater image quality and vibrant details in a whopping 3840 x 2160 resolution. Every detail is captured with even greater clarity than current high-definition 1080p displays, and every video plays smoothly with minimal pixelation and blurs, thanks to its 120Hz refresh rate and 6.5ms response time. Product page. Continue reading for a video unboxing and review.
Monoprice's 27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor is currently being offered at $398.36 shipped, originally priced at $1107. This display has so much going for it, its hard to know where to begin! Probably the best place is the display panel itself. This is a Grade A-1 panel, which means no image defects are allowed. That means no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, no focus issues at the edge, nothing wrong at all. Product page. Continue reading for a video first look and more information.
- Grade A-1 panel with zero defects/anomalies.
- 440 cd/m2 brightness.
- 16:9 aspect ratio.
- 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz maximum resolution.
- Glass laminate glossy panel with antiglare coating.
- Includes DisplayPort, VGA, HDMI, and Dual Link DVI-D input options.
- Removable and angle adjustable stand (+20 ~ -5 degrees).
- Built-in stereo speakers with 2 watt/channel amplifier.
Utilizing silver nanowires and a tiny OLED display encased in rubbery plastic, UCLA researchers have developed the world's most flexible OLED display. It's currently capable of being stretched to twice its original size and can also be folded a full 180-degrees without it breaking. That's right, even after rigorous 1,000 fold / twist / bend tests, the display remains fully functional. Continue reading for a video and more information.
Seiki's SE39U04 39" 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV is currently being offered at just $699 shipped, this weekend only. This outstanding, ultra-high-definition HDTV brings your favorite movies, games, and shows to life with greater image quality and vibrant details in a whopping 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution. Every detail is captured with even greater clarity than current high-definition 1080p displays, and every video plays smoothly with minimal pixilation and blurs, thanks to its 120Hz refresh rate and 6.5ms response time. Product page.
- Easily connect your accessory components by utilizing the available multiple connections (including HDMI, VGA, Component, Audio, AV depending on the TV model) incorporated in the HDTV.
- The TV's built-in speakers produce high-quality, crisp and clear audio stereo sound, powered by high-quality amplifiers.
- This TV contains built-in technologies to deliver a clearer picture, including a 3D PAL/NTSC comb filter, 3D video noise reduction, over-the-air ATSC/NTSC RF input support, Clear-QAM digital cable support, digital/analog channel auto tuning, V-CHIP/CCD/Favorite Channel support, and more.
At $62,000, Samsung's UHDTV110 has been described as like looking out of a window. This 110-inch Ultra High Definition 4K television set is currently the world's largest home model and will go on sale next spring. Continue reading for a video and more information.
AOC's 29" IPS Q2963PM LED Monitor is currently being offered for only $399.99 shipped, originally priced at $499.99. The full HD 1080P Resolution, with 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio and response time of 5ms, creates superior picture sharpness and the In Plane Switching (IPS) Panel allows you to view your spreadsheets or weekend movies from virtually any angle without compromising color uniformity. Product page. Continue reading for two video previews and more information.
- 21:9 - Ultra wide viewing angle.
- Panoramic display.
- PIP/PBP for multitasking.
- MHL compatible for Android Smartphone/Tablet.
- Interconnect multiple displays to create a daisy-chain.
Photo credit: PC Mag
BenQ's XL2420T 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor is currently being offered for just $269.99 shipped, today only, originally priced at $549.99. Co-developed with Counter-Strike legends, the 24" 120Hz LED monitor gives gamers a competitive edge with features including the Black eQualizer, S Switch, FPS Mode, Smart Scaling, Display Mode, 3D capability, 2ms GTG, HDMI and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio. Product page. Continue reading for a video of a professional gamer giving you their take on this awesome monitor.
- 24" Widescreen LED Monitor; Native Full HD 1920 x 1080 Resolution.
- 120 Hz, Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Ready.
- 2ms (GTG) Black eQualizer, 12M:1 DCR.
- Display Mode, Smart Scaling, Instant Mode.
- FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Intuitive OSD, S. Switch;Height Adjustment, Game Mode Loader.
We have seen the future of smartphone / tablet displays, and a HOLHO might be attached. This pyramid-shaped accessory gives your smartphone, tablet a holographic display of sorts by using a reflective surface that takes an image and divides it into four images that are projected onto the surfaces of the pyramid, thus giving off the appearance of a holographic image. Continue reading for a video and more information.
Called the C SEED 201 and made by Porsche Design Studio, this fully-retracable 201" LED HDTV is touted as the world's largest. It's waterproof, height-adjustable up to 15-feet, and can rotate 270 degrees for optical viewing angles. Continue reading for a video and more information.