Apple's rumored iWatch is set to launch in October and feature a rounded face as well as come in both mens and womens sizes. In addition to running iOS, Nikkei News reports, "The new watch-like wearable gear will run on this OS, which will be equipped with a centralized function to manage users' biometric information via smartphones." Continue reading for a video and more information.
The concept of the wristwatch goes back to the production of the very earliest watches in the 16th century. Elizabeth I of England received a wristwatch from Robert Dudley in 1571, described as an arm watch. From the beginning, wrist watches were almost exclusively worn by women, while men used pocket-watches up until the early 20th century. Continue reading to see twenty-four more cool and creative watches that geeks would love.
Invicta's 15897 "Speedway" Stainless Steel Watch is currently being offered for only $99.99 shipped this week only, originally priced at $1,795. At their Swiss workshops, Invicta mixes time-honored traditions with a little bit of horse sense every single day to produce the greatest values in the watch-making world. Product page. Continue reading for a video preview and more information.
- Stainless steel with textured vertical stripe dial and black ion-plated stainless steel bezel and center links.
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display.
- Protective Flame Fusion crystal dial window.
- Features date window, black ion-plated bezel and pushers, chronograph functions with 60-second, 60-minute and 24-hour subdials, and fold-over clasp with safety.
- Water-resistant to 100 m (330 ft).
Swiss Legend's 10540-BB-01-GRYA Trimix Diver Watch is currently being offered for only $94.12, originally priced at $995, this weekend only. The Swiss Legend watches are meticulously crafted to exacting standards and feature the highest quality Swiss Quartz Movements. Combine this with more than 2,000 combinations of styles, materials, and functions, and you have a watch collection that offers unparalleled quality, variety, style, and functionality. Product page. Continue reading for a video review and more information.
- Sapphitek crystal; black ion-plated stainless steel case; black silicone strap.
- Chronograph functions with 60 second, 30 minute and day of the week subdials with grey hands; date window at 4:00.
- Black dial with black and dark grey hands and dark grey Arabic numerals; unidirectional black ion-plated stainless steel octagon shaped bezel with dark grey Arabic numerals; secured screw-down cap on crown.
- Water-resistant to 200 M (660 feet).
We have seen the future of smartwatches, and it's Android Wear by Google. This project will give developers a special version of Google phone and tablet software they can run on watches and other devices. The watches will utilize Google Now service for 'smart' alerts, which looks at emails, calender and other today to warn of upcoming appointments, delayed flights and other information. Plus, itt can also tell users when they need to leave for their next appointment after looking at live traffic data, for instance. Continue reading for two videos and more information.
Invicta's 4578 Russian Diver Collection Quinotaur Chronograph Watch is currently being offered for only $118.08 shipped, this week only, originally priced at $675. This distinctively designed watch features a 64-millimeter, stainless-steel case, and a black rubber band with stainless-steel detailing. Product page. Continue reading for a hands-on video review and more information.
- Precise Swiss-quartz movement.
- Durable mineral crystal.
- Case diameter: 52mm.
- Stainless-steel case; black dial; date function; chronograph functions.
- Water-resistant to 330 feet (100 M).
The Iron Samurai Watch is currently being offered for only $12.99 shipped, originally priced at $69.99. From afar this looks like a regular bracelet, but when the right button(s) are pressed, the face lights up with the time via red LEDs. Product page. Continue reading for a hands-on video demonstration and more information.
- LED Light Color: Red.
- Material: Samurai sword carbonized steel folded 1000x over.
- Length: approx 180 mm with 18 segments for wrist adjustment.
- Clasp: Exclusive fold over lock design.
- 2 Function Buttons (right-side): First for hour and date display + select, Second for mode change.
The MQ998 Cell Phone Watch is currently being offered for only $54.86 shipped, this week only, originally priced at $149.99. Simply insert a SIM card (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) and you'll gain instant access to an amazing communication device that features a crisp 1.5 inch touch screen LCD display for easy menu navigation and quick dialing. Product page. Continue reading for a video and more information.
- Unlocked GSM Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
- Gets coverage on 4 bandwidths for clear reception in most geographical regions.
- Make and receive calls directly from the watch phone itself with the built-in MIC and speaker, or even the included wireless Bluetooth Earphone.
- MP3/MP4 player, FM radio - Pick up your favorite FM radio stations wherever you are.
- 1.5 inch TFT touchscreen w/ Stylus | Built-in Spy Camera & Video Recorder.