For those who don't already know, "The Simpsons" is currently the longest-running American sitcom, the longest-running American animated program and has won dozens of awards since it debuted as a series, including 27 Primetime Emmy Awards, 30 Annie Awards and a Peabody Award. Continue reading to see a real-life version of "The Simpsons" intro.
10 Interesting facts:
- Matt Groening's last name is pronounced "Graining"...
- Matt Groening voices the sound of Maggie's "sucking".
- Lisa has celebrated her 8th birthday on two separate episodes.
- Some episodes take up to 60,000 "cells" to create.
- Homer and Marge are in their late 30's, Bart is 10 years old, Lisa is 8 years old and Maggie's age is undetermined.
- It takes 6-8 months to make each episode.
- The show was really going to be based 100% on Bart at first.
- On the opening of every episode Maggie is listed to cost $847.63 at the cash register. It's the same amount that raising a baby costs in a year in the US.
- An Adelaide brewery got into big trouble when it started manufacturing Duff beer, Homer's brew of choice. Fox, owners of The Simpson's, took the brewery to court in 1996 and forced them to stop making it.
- Around 2,000 people took part in the survey which decided that rather than having an incompetent in charge of the USA, they would like Homer Simpson to take the role.