This certainly isn’t the first time we’ve seen cool latte art, but Japanese barista Kazuki Yamamoto decided to go the social route to showcase his masterpieces. Everyday he posts new art on Twitter, namely “famed characters from video games, cartoons, anime, manga and the rest of your childhood.” His ultimate goal is to open his very own coffee shop, and we think he’s well on his way. Continue reading to see more.
10 Interesting Starbucks facts:
- Starbucks has added an average of two stores on a daily basis since 1987.
- Santa Fe Springs, Calif. has the highest concentration with 560 Starbucks stores within 25 miles.
- Starbucks had 137,000 employees or “partners” as they call them in 2010. This is twice the population of Greenland.
- It opened its first store in Beijing in 1999 and there are now 376 stores in China. They expect to reach 1000 by 2015.
- The average Starbucks customer visits the store 6 times per month while a loyal 20% of customers go to the stores 16 times per month.
- There are over 87,000 possible drink combinations at Starbucks.
- The original Starbucks in Seattle sold coffee in 8 oz cups. During expansion, they added the 12 oz and the 16 oz then got rid of the 8 oz and added the 24 oz and finally the 30 oz Trenta…
- The Trenta is slightly bigger than your stomach with the capacity to hold 916 milliliters. The stomach on average has a capacity of 900 ml.
- A Starbucks grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine, over four times the amount of caffeine in a Red Bull.
- The Starbucks cinnamon chip scone has more calories than a McDonald’s quarter pounder with 480 calories.