You know you’re a geeky 90s kid / teen / adult if you had a Walkman on your Christmas wishlist. Or, going to the video store to rent VHS tapes was something you did on weekends. Those are just two of the many reasons why the 90s rocked. Continue reading to see more.
5 Interesting compact disc facts:
- Originally, the expensive new format was marketed towards audiophiles, jazz lovers and classical music fans, who were generally more well off than pop or rock fans.
- The first commercially available CD player was Sony’s CDP-101 (pictured above), which cost $900.
- The early prototype CDs were only 60 minutes long but were bumped up to 74 minutes to accommodate the entirety of Beethoven’s ‘9th Symphony’.
- The first CD produced was ‘The Visitors’ by ABBA.
- The first CD produced in the U.S. was Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Born in the USA’.