Google quietly debuted their new Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro smartphones, both of which will be offered in three different colors. The biggest change? They are powered by Google’s own Tensor chipset rather than a Qualcomm processor. Other features include a 6.4-inch Flat FHD OLED 90Hz display (Base) / 6.7-inch Curved QHD OLED 120Hz display (Pro), a dual (Base) / triple (Pro) rear camera setup and all-day battery life. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Google’s Tensor chipset was designed to run the company’s computational photography models, which means entirely new features as well as improvements to existing ones. The debut was so unexpected that the storage configurations, RAM, and battery capacity have not yet been revealed. What we do know is that both smartphones will ship some time this Fall, loaded with Android 12 as well as an eye-catching new user interface.
- New unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, Google Fi, and other major carriers
- Capture great photos using your cell phone on the 12 MP dual pixel rear camera with features like Live HDR+ Night Sight, and Portrait Mode; share photos directly from the viewfinder of your Pixel camera to Google and popular third party apps
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours  as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting; Night Sight lets you capture rich detail and color even in the dark; Portrait Mode helps you take beautiful portraits with a DSLR quality look
- The custom made Titan M security chip helps secure the operating system and protect sensitive data like passwords; automatically receive the latest OS and security updates on your cell phone for at least 3 years. 
Tensor enables us to make the Google phones we’ve always envisioned — phones that keep getting better, while tapping the most powerful parts of Google, all in a highly personalized experience. And with Tensor’s new security core and Titan M2, Pixel 6 will have the most layers of hardware security in any phone,” said the company.