Available in stores today, priced at $69.99, the LEGO Ideas (21321) International Space Station kit is actually based on a concept from a fan, and contains 864 pieces, including a brick-built NASA space shuttle with three mini cargo spacecrafts and two astronaut microfigures. It boasts a posable Canadarm2 and two rotating joints that coincide with eight adjustable solar panels, to replicate the out-of-this-world complexity of the real space station that orbits the Earth sixteen times a day. Read more to see LEGO launching it into the stratosphere and for an interview with the designer.
Plus, the display stand means that builders can proudly display it in any room once complete and celebrate the achievements of the five international space agencies that brought the incredible real-life ISS to life and have enabled humans to live in space for 20 years. The completed set measures over 7” high, 12” long and 19” wide.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) January 21, 2020