The Mercedes-AMG Project ONE driving simulator just might be the coolest one you’ve seen yet, as it accurately replicates the hypercar’s cockpit, controls, as well as its production-ready interior. Surrounding this motion platform is a massive 29.5-foot wide curved screen with images being sent from five 4K projectors. A high-tech rig turns or tilts the Project One cockpit to match the road. All of this data is then used to let engineers refine the production vehicle. Read more for a video and additional information.
What makes the Mercedes-AMG Project One different from the automaker’s other supercars? It uses a modified turbocharged 1.6 90-degree V6 engine from the Mercedes-AMG F1 W07 F1 car that generates over 1,000-horsepower, mated to an 8-speed single-clutch automated manual transmission variant that sends power to the rear wheels. As you can tell from the driving simulator, the interior sports a Formula One-style steering wheel, pedals, and a driver-oriented central infotainment screen.
- Rigid, high quality powder coated steel frame with Premium racing seat
- Product dimensions | Formula – 67” L x 24” W x 39” H | GT – 55” D x 24” W x 49” H | Weight – 89 lbs. | Weight limit – 285 lbs.
- Dual position cockpit to have you in authentic formula or GT racing positions
- Includes NLR F-GT frame | Seat and slider | Gear shifter holder | Lumbar support cushion | Screws to mount wheel | Buttkicker Gamer 2 adaptor | Height adjustable screw in feet
- Compatible with all major wheel and pedals. Pre-drilled for Thrustmaster, Logitech, Fanatec and experience accuforce wheels | Compatible with Next Level Racing Floor mat, F-GT Monitor Stand, lockable wheel castors and more (all sold separately)
- The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 3: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Built to last: Durable solid steel ball bearings, stainless steel shifter and pedals and hand stitched leather wheel grip
- Dual motor force feedback: Realistically simulates the racing experience with smooth, quiet helical gearing
- Easy access game controls: On wheel D pad, console buttons, paddle shifters and LED indicator lights
- Responsive floor pedal unit: Accelerate, brake and change gears with the feel of an actual car. Pedal piston sleeves: Polyoxymethylene thermoplastic (POM)