Slated to hit theaters in December, Monster Hunter is an upcoming fantasy action thriller film written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, based on Capcom’s best selling video game series ever. It stars Milla Jovovich, Tony Jaa, T.I., Ron Perlman, Meagan Good, and Diego Boneta. This movie is centered around an elite military force, led by Lt. Artemis (Milla Jovovich), that falls through a portal into a world populated by giant monsters. Read more for the short teaser trailer and additional information.
After falling through the portal into the Monster Hunter world, they meet a hunter (Tony Jaa) who helps them survive in the new land and fight against the creatures as they seek a way home. Paul W. S. Anderson stated that the film will feature all of the armor and weapons worn are based on the equipment from the game series, including at least one character that wears a mismatched set of armor. The latter was added to reflect on the player’s ability within the game to mix and match armor sets for beneficial results.
- Colossal roster - Take on the series' largest roster of monsters to date including all-new monsters, Deviant variants, and the mysterious new Elder Dragon Valstrax.
- Co-op multiplayer - join up and hunt online with up to three other hunters, or meet-up and play together via local play.
- Play anywhere! - with Nintendo Switch, for the first time gamers have the flexibility to either play online with friends on a TV in tabletop mode or play on-the-go in handheld mode.
- New level of challenge - “g” rank is introduced to test experienced hunters' battle tactics. Formidable versions of familiar foes enter the fields with different moves and abilities never before.
- Highly customizable gameplay - Expanding on the four Styles and supermoves called Hunter Arts introduced in Generations, two Styles are introduced for even further refined personalization options