Razer may be known for their gaming accessories, but they’ve done quite a bit in the fight against COVID-19, including converting one of its manufacturing facilities to produce certified medical masks and the donation of 1 million surgical face masks to the healthcare frontline under its Razer Health initiative So, it’s only fitting that they create their own smart mask. Introducing Project Hazel, which features N95 medical-grade respirator protection using detachable and rechargeable active ventilators and Smart Pods that regulate airflow for optimal breathability. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
These high bacterial filtration efficiency (BFE) Smart Pods filter at least 95% of airborne particles and have a high fluid resistance, while its clear, transparent design lets others view your facial cues. The interior lights automatically turn on in the dark and since masks can normally muffle voices, a new Razer VoiceAmp Technology utilizes an integrated microphone / amplifier to enhance the user’s speech for clear communication.
- Quickest Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Yellow switch technology beats competitor, legacy "speed" keys in actuation distance by up to 20%, requiring 45 G of force; ideal for fast-paced gaming requiring high-speed key presses
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks; made of military-grade metal top plate
Razer acknowledges the uncertainty in the road ahead, and so it was our duty to help protect our community members and prepare them from invisible threats. The Project Hazel smart mask concept is intended to be functional, yet comfortable and useful for interacting with the world, while maintaining a sociable aesthetic,” said Min-Liang Tan, co-founder and CEO of Razer.