At Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2021, Samsung Electronics debuted its One UI Watch user experience, which is designed to make the Galaxy Watch and smartphone experience more deeply connected. The company also confirmed that One UI Watch will be available for Galaxy Watch on the new, unified platform that is currently being jointly built with Google, bringing performance enhancements, a more seamless experience between the Watch / Android smartphones as well as access to an even greater number of applications. Read more for three videos and additional information.
The One UI Watch together with the new unified platform creates an entirely new Galaxy Watch experience. In other words, once you install watch-compatible apps on your smartphone, they will automatically be downloaded onto your smartwatch. Another example would be if you’ve customized your clock app on your smartphone to show the time in different cities around the globe, it will show up on your watch as well.
- STYLE YOU CAN COUNT ON: Galaxy Watch3 combines style—two sizes, two finishes, three colors and, 50,000 plus watch faces-with military-grade durability and water resistance
- LEAVE YOUR PHONE BEHND: Galaxy Watch3 gives you the freedom to call, text, stream music and get notifications via Bluetooth connectivity
- You can share the PDF report of your ECG recording with your health care provider using the Samsung Health Monitor app on your compatible Galaxy phone
- BATTERY BUILT FOR ENDURANCE: The Galaxy Watch3’s long-lasting battery can go for more than a day on a single charge, and you can always get a quick boost from your compatible Galaxy phone with Wireless Power Share
- STRONGER INSIGHTS. NEXT-LEVEL FITNESS: Spend your time moving while Galaxy Watch3 tracks seven popular activities automatically. Get more out of each movement thanks to built-in run coaching
To unlock the full potential of these wearables, we’re leveraging our long legacy of mobile innovations and our partnerships with trusted industry leaders who have grown with us in our open ecosystem. Through these efforts, we will enrich our smartwatch experience and convenience of the Galaxy ecosystem for our consumers,” said Patrick Chomet, EVP and Head of Customer Experience Office, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.