Samsung’s T7 Portable 1TB SSD is much faster than traditional hard drives, and in a pocket-sized package, all for $159.99 shipped, this weekend only, originally $199.99. You’ll be able to transfer extremely large files within seconds, thanks to the speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2, while the embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s, respectively. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Transfers files nearly 9.5x faster than external hard disk drive (HDD)
- Reads up to 1,050 MB/s / Writes up to 1,000 MB/s on USB 3.2 gen 2 supported devices
- Read and write speeds may vary on non-USB 3.2 gen 2 supported devices
- Shock-resistant and withstands drops from 6ft
- SSD with password security
Unlike traditional hard drives, the T7 has no moving parts so it’s more resistant to shock. Plus, its solid aluminum unibody construction makes it even more rugged, keeping your data safe from falls of up to 6-feet. You won’t have to worry about it overheating either, as its advanced thermal solution uses ePCM technology and Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so it remains at an optimal temperature even at fast speeds.