Samsung’s T7 Portable 1TB SSD is much faster than traditional hard drives, and in a pocket-sized package, all for $159.99 shipped, this weekend only, originally $199.99. You’ll be able to transfer extremely large files within seconds, thanks to the speed of USB 3.2 Gen 2, while the embedded PCIe NVMe technology delivers blazing fast sequential read/write speeds of up to 1,050/1,000 MB/s, respectively. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfers files nearly 9.5x faster than external hard disk drive (HDD). Reads up to 1,050 MB/s / Writes up to 1,000 MB/s on USB 3.2 gen 2 supported devices*.
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS users to download the latest firmware update via the included Portable SSD Software 1.0 to ensure optimal performance
- Data transfer speed may vary depending on the user's PC environment and the types of data being transferred. USB 3.2 Gen2 and UASP support are required for maximum transfer speed (1,050MB/s)**
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS the usage of the included USB Type-C to C and USB Type-C to A cables. Non-original cables may cause performance degradation due to the varying internal resistance and maximum allowable currency
- BUILT STRONG & SECURE: Shock-resistant and withstands drops from 6ft..ADVANCED HEAT CONTROL: DYNAMIC THERMAL GUARD (DTG) TECHNOLOGY protects the T7(T7 Touch) from overheating by automatically slowing down data transfer if necessary. DTG technology enhances product safety and reliability by preventing the T7(T7 Touch) from reaching an excessively high temperature.PASSWORD SECURITY
Unlike traditional hard drives, the T7 has no moving parts so it’s more resistant to shock. Plus, its solid aluminum unibody construction makes it even more rugged, keeping your data safe from falls of up to 6-feet. You won’t have to worry about it overheating either, as its advanced thermal solution uses ePCM technology and Dynamic Thermal Guard to withstand and control heat, so it remains at an optimal temperature even at fast speeds.