Thirteen-year-old Ariel Tolfree from Texas was awoken by the smell of something burning, and it turned out to be her Samsung Galaxy S4 after it slipped beneath her pillow. Thomas, her dad, says, “The whole phone melted. The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.” Fortunately, Samsung is replacing her bed, including the sheets. For those who can’t view the video above, continue reading to see more images of the aftermath.

Thomas suspects the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire and states, “We have a reasonable expectation that the products we buy are going to be safe.” A Samsung representative says their products are safe, and pointed out that the battery inside the phone was a replacement unit and not an original Samsung part.