Switzerland-based startup UVEya partnered with Dubai airport services company Dnata to develop a new robot that can disinfect an entire single-aisled plane in just 13-minutes. UVeya co-founder Jodoc Elmiger said the company has built three prototypes so far, with one having already being demonstrated inside a Helvetic jet at the Zurich Airport. Elmiger says the robots will cost around $15,900 USD each and could save airlines a considerable amount. Read more for a video and additional information.
This robot has the UV lights mounted on its frame, casting a soft-blue green blue glow as it travels down the center of the plane and emits concentrated UV-C light that kills 99% of bacteria and pathogens in the process. When finished, there is no chemical residue left anywhere, which means that passengers can board immediately without needing crew to finish the cleaning process.
- Who doesn't love robots? Introduce kids to the creative world of coding with the best educational STEM toys to foster their curiosities. Building, learning, and programming robots has never been more fun!
- Includes 847 LEGO pieces that kids can build and rebuild into 5 cool multifunctional models. The best and most popular robotics toys for 7-12 year old boys and girls who love to tinker and learn about science. Use the latest tech like color, distance and tilt sensors.
- Construct and code Vernie the Robot to dance, rock out on the Guitar4000, foster Frankie the Cat, interact with the Autobuilder, or explore a new discovery with the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4). The IQ-boosting activities are endless!
- Award-winning toy and the perfect gift for kids and teenagers. Instructions for all 5 models are included with the free LEGO BOOST app. Download in the Amazon Appstore: amazon.com/dp/B075LL7KGB. Requires 6x AAA 1.5V batteries (not included).
- Vernie the Robot stands over 10" (27cm) tall, Guitar4000 over 1” (5cm) high, 16” (42cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide, Frankie the Cat over 6” (17cm) tall, AutoBuilder over 10” (27cm) high, M.T.R.4 over 4” (12cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
This is a proven technology, it’s been used for over 50 years in hospitals and laboratories, it’s very efficient. It doesn’t leave any trace or residue. We were looking for a sustainable, and also environmentally friendly solution, to cope with those requests,” said Jodoc Elmiger, UVeya co-founder.