Current wireless charging technologies have their limits as to how fast they can charge a device, but Xiaomi is aiming to change that with their all-new 80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology. The company first debuted their 30W Wireless Charging Technology in 2019, and their latest version updates it by leaps and bounds, or at least compared to similar solutions offered by other smartphone brands. Read more for a video demonstration and additional information.
Just when you thought Fast Charging was quick enough, the 80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology can power a 4,000 mAh battery to 10% in 1 minute, 50% in 8 minutes and 100% in just 19 minutes. The company’s previous 30W Mi Wireless Charging Technology required 25-minutes to get a similar battery to 50% and nearly 1.5-hours to fully charge it to 100%.
- 6.53” FHD+ Dotch LCD display, powered by NXTVISION, will upgrade your visual experience with the sharper details, vibrant images and allow you to enjoy true-to-life color accuracy in everything you present.
- Quad rear cameras with dual LED flash: 48MP (high-res) + 8MP (118° super wide-angle) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth). 16MP front-facing selfie camera for capturing your beauty.
- Up to 64GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (sold separately).
- Compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. This device is also certified for use on Verizon’s LTE network. If your device is not receiving messages or experiences an error when making phone calls on Verizon, your account may need to be provisioned to support “CDMA-less” devices, please contact Verizon’s technical support team or your account’s business representative for assistance. This phone is not compatible with CDMA networks. (such as Sprint, Spectrum, Xfinity, etc.)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core processor, and 6GB of RAM for a smooth performance.
The introduction of 80W Mi Wireless Charging Technology is expected to set a new benchmark not only in the area of wireless charging but in charging as a whole. Xiaomi has been spearheading this trend by recognizing the importance of battery life and faster charging for the future development of smartphones,” said the company.