Did you know that director Oren Peli changed the ending for Paranormal Activity because Stephen Spielberg told him to? Or, that it took just 248-days to shoot and edit The Blair Witch Project on a budget of just $22,000, but grossed $240-million at the box office? If not, continue reading to see twenty-four more extremely interesting Halloween movie facts.
5 Interesting horror movie facts:
- The first studio to show interest in A Nightmare on Elm Street was The Walt Disney Company. They wanted Wes Craven to tone down the content to make it suitable for children and pre-teens. Craven declined and moved on to make one of the highest grossing horror movies of all time with New Line Cinema.
- The rollercoaster used in Final Destination 3 is the Corkscrew at Playland in Vancouver, Canada. The actors had to ride the Corkscrew 26 times in order to film the premonition scene.
- In addition to directing it, John Carpenter also composed the theme for Halloween. He composes the themes for almost all of his films.
- Joe King, son of Stephen King, plays Billy, the young boy featured in the Epilogue and Prologue segments of Creepshow.
- Tom Savini, the special effects makeup artist for the first Creepshow, plays The Creep in Creepshow 2.