Crabfu converted a Tandy Armatron (80’s toy) into a functional steam powered device — using a Jensen #75 steam engine. Video clip after the jump.

I simply removed the single motor, and other gears not related to the actual operation of the arm, and attached a drive shaft with a pulley. Holes were cut on the side of the base to allow a steam engine to power it.

[via Make]

Crabfu converted a Tandy Armatron (80’s toy) into a functional steam powered device — using a Jensen #75 steam engine. Video clip after the jump.

I simply removed the single motor, and other gears not related to the actual operation of the arm, and attached a drive shaft with a pulley. Holes were cut on the side of the base to allow a steam engine to power it.

[via Make]