5. Einstein RobotHanson has created the world's first walking, talking Einstein robot (sans body). His facial expressions are quite realistic to say the least.
The Albert Hubo is the first ever walking robot with humanlike expressions. Our Frubber material makes this possible, because it requires MUCH less force to move into facial expressions than do previous materials--less than 1/20th the force and energy than the softest animatronics materials, according to published tests
4. Actroid DERKokoro Dreams presents the Actroid DER, their latest humanoid robot.
The Actroid or Actress Robot can speak, blink with her eyes and feature several facial expressions[Source]
3. EveR-1Korean scientists have developed the world's first (Japanese speaking?) female android, the EveR-1, which stands 1.6m tall and weighs approx. 110 pounds. It's capable of understanding 400 words, speaking, and making facial expressions via fifteen motors embedded into her silicon face.
For now, EveR-1 can be employed as a guide robot at museums and department stores or as an educational model to read books to children,'' Baeg said. But we are looking further ahead _ we are working on upgrading the android with the aim of making it move its legs by the end of this year. It will be able to sit down and stand up by then,'' he expects.[Source 1 - Source 2]
2. Robot ScientistHiroshi Ishiguro -- "a senior researcher at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories in Japan" -- has created a robot clone of himself.
Created using casts of his body, his robot doppelganger sits and fidgets, looks around and taps his toe just like his creator. Ishiguro actually created this robot to, no joke, fill in for him in the classroom at Osaka University, where he's a professor[Source]
1. Repliee Q1ExpoJapanese scientists have developed a life-like female android called "Repliee Q1Expo". The Q1Expo has "42 actuators in her upper body, powered by a nearby air compressor, programmed to allow her to move like a human."
She can flutter her eyelids and move her hands like a human. She even appears to breathe. Repliee Q1 has skin made from a silicon substance has 11 piezoelectric sensors embedded in it to detect if someone is touching her[vSource 1 - 2]