Most slippers are designed purely to be comfortable, leaving much to be desired in the design department. These twelve cool and creative slippers for geeks that can be worn throughout the year, combine the best of both worlds. Continue reading to see them all.
5 Interesting facts:
- The fictional character Cinderella is said to have worn glass slippers; in modern parlance they would probably be called glass high heels. However, this is generally acknowledged to be a mis-translation into English of “fox fur”.
- Derek “The Slipper Man” Fan holds the Guinness World Records record for wearing a pair of dress slippers for 23 years straight as of June 30, 2007.
- The ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz sold for a record $165,000.
- Some schools in the UK have a slipper rule, where children must remove outdoor shoes upon entering the school, and wear slippers. This is mainly to encourage the children to protect the flooring, but could also be due to the dirt being brought into the classrooms on the outdoor shoes.
- Some households in certain cultures, like in Japan, operate a “shoes off at the door” rule. This may be simply the removal of outside footwear and/or socks. Though it can also include the forced wearing of slippers.