Did you know that just 2-ounces of pure gold can cover an entire billboard? Or, that tigers, like cats, will use a litter box? If not, those are just a couple of the creative science ads currently being placed around Vancouver by Science World. Continue reading to see more.
10 Interesting science facts:
- The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. In exact terms it is 299,792,458 m/s (metres per second – that is equal to 186,287.49 miles per second).
- It takes 8 minutes 17 seconds for light to travel from the Sun’s surface to the Earth.
- 10 percent of all human beings ever born are alive at this very moment.
- The Earth spins at 1,000 mph but it travels through space at an incredible 67,000 mph.
- When Krakatoa erupted in 1883, its force was so great it could be heard 4,800 kilometres away in Australia.
- The largest ever hailstone weighed over 1kg and fell in Bangladesh in 1986.
- In October 1999 an Iceberg the size of London broke free from the Antarctic ice shelf .
- If you could drive your car straight up you would arrive in space in just over an hour.
- The Earth is 4.56 billion years old…the same age as the Moon and the Sun.
- The dinosaurs became extinct before the Rockies or the Alps were formed.