What do geeky office workers with artistic talent do when they’re bored? They use dry erase markers to doodle on windows of course, or at least the fortunate ones who do have window cubicles. Continue reading to see forty-two more fun and geeky drawings.
5 Interesting Walt Disney facts:
- He Wasn’t Adopted, But “Disney” Is Not Walt’s Real Last Name. Walt Disney’s ancestors, whose last name was actually “d’Isigny”, came from a village in France. The name is pronounced “Deez-nay.” Fortunately, the name was changed to “Disney”.
- In a world where higher education is strongly linked to career success, Walt Disney is a perfect example of an exception to that rule. He attended McKinley High School until he dropped out at age 16. However, Walt Disney, who created the beloved “Mickey Mouse” character in 1928, and built the Disney Empire, won honorary degrees from several universities such as Yale, Harvard and UCLA.
- At times, Walt Disney used the names “Retlaw Elias Yensid” or “Retlaw Yensid”. These are both his real name spelled backwards. In the movie “Fantasia”, Disney named the sorcerer “Yen Sid”- the letters of “Disney” reversed. It’s said that when Disney was searching for land to build a theme park on, he used the name “M.T. Lott” so potential sellers wouldn’t hike prices up on him, knowing he was rich.
- Another interesting fact about Walt Disney is that he often spent his lunchtimes seated at his desk. Not because he couldn’t afford to go out and buy his lunch, of course. According to About.com, Disney’s choice meal was chili with beans, tomato juice and soda crackers.
- Walt Disney won a total of 32 Oscar Awards- more than anyone else ever has!- during his 43 year career. He also was nominated 64 times. Disney also won 48 Academy Awards, 7 Emmy Awards, France’s Legion of Honor and Officer D’Adademie, the Presidential Freedom Medal and many more honors and awards for his creative work.