The Amazon Halo and Halo Band isn’t your normal activity tracker, but it combines suite of AI-powered health tools with a stylish wrist band. The latter is purpose-built to focus on your health and wellness, since it doesn’t have a screen or constant notifications. It uses a small sensor capsule to deliver highly accurate data, and includes an accelerometer, temperature sensor, heart rate monitor, two microphones, an LED indicator light, as well as a button to turn the microphones on or off. Read more for a video and additional information.
The Halo Band is water resistant for all-day wear and the battery lasts up to seven days on a full charge. If you need to power it up quickly, the band can be fully charged in under 90 minutes. Amazon’s Halo app is essentially a suite of five core features designed to give customers a comprehensive understanding of their health and wellness: Activity, Sleep, Body, Tone and Labs. More information here.
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a built-in skin temperature sensor logs yours each night so you can see when it varies
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results with your doctor (The Fitbit ECG app is only available in select countries. Not intended for use by people under 22 years old.
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor tracks yours each night so you can see how it varies. You can also see your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our collection of clock faces.Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 5.0
- Free 6-month trial of Fitbit Premium for new Premium users (New Premium users only. Valid payment method required. Free trial must be activated within 60 days of device activation. Cancel before free trial ends to avoid subscription fees)
- High & low heart rate notifications alert you if yours seems above or below your average
Despite the rise in digital health services and devices over the last decade, we have not seen a corresponding improvement in population health in the U.S. We are using Amazon’s deep expertise in artificial intelligence and machine learning to offer customers a new way to discover, adopt, and maintain personalized wellness habits,” said Dr. Maulik Majmudar, Principal Medical Officer, Amazon Halo.