Researchers from several Chinese universities have developed a machine learning framework, called AnimeGAN: A Novel Lightweight GAN for Photo Animation, that turns normal photographs into anime-style backgrounds. This AI-powered network combines neural style transfer and generative adversarial networks (GANs) to achieve fast and high-quality results with a light framework, thus helping artists save time when creating the lines, textures, colors, and shadows. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The team was led by Jie Chen, Gang Liu, and Xin Chen who submitted the paper to the International Symposium on Intelligence Computation and Applications 2019. It has since become available through the online academic literature hub Springer Link on May 26. Now, the open source code has been released for AnimeGAN using machine learning platform Tensorflow. More information here.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour