A patent that Apple filed with the USPTO reveals that they would be working on an iMac made from a single sheet of curved glass, complete with an embedded display. There would be a slot for your keyboard and all of the internal hardware components would be housed in a “wedge” that extends from the back of the computer. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Apple has also other ideas for this computer, including a MacBook dock that lets you output its screen to the iMac’s display, while its keyboard is slotted through a hole in the middle to retain functionality. Or, the single sheet of glass could fold down its middle for easy transportation. The patent application is officially named “Electronic Device with Glass Housing Member”, which leaves a lot to the imagination.
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- Stunning 5-mm-thin design
- 6-Core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Radeon Pro 570x, 575x, or 580x Graphics processor
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports