Blue Origin has partnered with Sierra Space to build Orbital Reef, a commercially developed and operated space station in low Earth orbit. It’s being called a “mixed use business park,” but in space, and with human-centered space architecture as well as world-class services and amenities. The goal is to minimize cost and complexity for both traditional space operators and new arrivals. Read more for a short video, additional pictures and information.
This space station will offer all of the services and systems to meet the needs of a multitude of customers, including researchers, manufacturers, as well as tourists. Orbital Reef is targeted at sovereign nations without space programs, media / travel companies, funded entrepreneurs, sponsored inventors, and future-minded investors. Once completed, we imagine SpaceX, NASA and Blue Origin flights docking on a regular basis.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
For over sixty years, NASA and other space agencies have developed orbital space flight and space habitation, setting us up for commercial business to take off in this decade. We will expand access, lower the cost, and provide all the services and amenities needed to normalize space flight. A vibrant business ecosystem will grow in low Earth orbit, generating new discoveries, new products, new entertainments, and global awareness,” said Brent Sherwood, Senior Vice President of Advanced Development Programs for Blue Origin.