Weighing just 1,627-pounds, India-based Vazirani Automotive claims that its new Ekonk hypercar is the world’s lightest electric vehicle, thanks in part to DiCo technology as well as its carbon fiber body. DiCo technology basically enables the batteries to be cooled directly with air rather than requiring liquid cooling that most manufacturers, like Tesla, use to keep the packs cool. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Its electric powertrain generates 722 horsepower, enabling it to accelerate from 0-62 miles per hour in a mere 2.54 seconds, while topping out at 192 miles per hour. Now for the burning question, why is it named ‘Ekonk’? Well, in Indian scriptures, Ekonk signifies the beginning of the divine light, which the company uses to signal its real beginning where design and innovation come together.
- This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- This is no Ghostbusters toy; It’s a car kit for adults with working steering, trapdoor with ghost trap, an extending gunner seat, plus a moving ghost sniffer and other paranormal detection equipment
- With pieces like a curved windshield, modular steering wheel and brick with Ghostbusters deco, this authentically detailed set will look great in your home or office
- Ideal for Ghostbusters fans and LEGO lovers alike, this ECTO-1 model car gives hours of enjoyment and a building experience that will appeal to adults
- Measuring over 8” (22.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (16.5cm) wide, ECTO-1 is packed with authentic details that you'll be proud to display
For us, Ekonk signifies our real beginning, where for the first time design and innovation comes together. It’s our first vehicle that’s ‘alive’,” said Chunky Vazirani, Founder and CEO of Vazirani Automotive.