Believe it or not, MyFOX reports that “a Cedar Hill man claims his brand new Droid 2 cell phone exploded while he was on the phone Thursday morning.” Apparently, the explosion caused the phone’s screen to burst outward, cutting the man’s ear. Continue reading for the news report.
There are two elements that seem at odds. The phone allegedly “exploded,” and yet it still works. Embry’s wife told reporters that it had been ringing through the day, after the “blow up.” Portable electronics are occasionally known to explode, but it’s generally tied to a massive fault in the battery, which is rendered useless as a result.