Crucial’s X6 1TB Portable Solid State Drive (SSD) is only slightly larger than most wireless earbud charging cases, and you can get one for $79.99 shipped, today only, originally $129.95. Featuring read speeds up to 540MB/s, which is 3.8 times faster than most portable hard drives, it’s also very durable, with a drop-proof rating of up to 6.5 feet. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- HUGE CAPACITY: Up to 4TB, storage capacity - enough for up to 20,000 photos, 100 hours of video, 6,000 songs, or 400GB of documents with room to spare
- FAST: Read speeds up to 540MB/s – that's 3.8x faster than most hard drives
- TINY, LIGHTWEIGHT: Fits between your fingertips and weighs less than your car keys
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Works with PC, Mac, Android, iPad Pro8 (PS4, Xbox One, and USB-A computer require USB-A adapter, available separately)
- RELIABLE AND DURABLE: Backed by Micron, one of the largest manufacturers of flash storage in the world
The X6 is also fully compatible with the latest USB-C devices, offering support for PC, Mac, iPad Pro, Android as well as other platforms. When combined with Crucial’s USB-C to USB-A adapter, the X6 also works with the latest game consoles, including the PS4 / PS5, Xbox Series S / X / One and other USB-A devices. For those who aren’t heavy users, it’s an ideal solution for storing large photo libraries, files, games and movie collections.
Our customers are looking for convenient, fast and reliable storage at an affordable price — and these two new capacity additions to the X6 portable SSD product line are further evidence of our commitment to the external solid-state storage market. There is no doubt we have reached a point where the benefits of solid-state storage outweigh those of traditional hard drives,” said Teresa Kelley, vice president and general manager of Micron’s Consumer Products Group.