Photo credit: Laughing Squid
Secret passages, or hidden routes used for stealthy travel, escape, or movement of people and goods, are commonly seen in movies, especially ones that involve James Bond. However, this clever engineer decided to build a hidden entry to their basement directly into the floor of the patio deck. This would most certainly come in handy if your have a horde of zombies chasing after you, or just want quick access to a secure location. Read more for a video.
Hidden passages have existed since ancient times, as builders of the Egyptian pyramids utilized secret passages and booby traps to protect the burial chambers from tomb robbers. They even went as far as hiding burial chambers behind statues. One more recent example would be the Regal Knickerbocker, in Chicago, Illinois. This 350-room hotel built in the 1920s boasted a secret door in one of the penthouse ballrooms and was extensively used during the U.S. Prohibition era (1917-1919).
- Vibrant color - grow crystals in 3 colors, blue, purple, and green; chemistry has never been so fun and colorful!
- Night light display – show off your home-grown crystals on the included light-up display; it has 7 single color modes, a rainbow color mode, 3 Light displays, and 3 brightness levels to choose from
- Complete science kit – includes easy-to-follow instructions, growing powder, clear seed rocks, a flexible crystal growing Chamber, and a light-up display to make growing and displaying your crystals fun and easy, detailed learning guide explains how crystals grow and much more
- Start a rock collection – comes with 3 real gemstone specimens, including a geode, green fluorite, and blue calcite along with a stem learning guide teaching all about crystal formation
- Respected quality - NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC is proud to provide only the highest quality STEM toys and all our kits are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee