Electric scooters are nothing new or special, but what about a racing series centered around them? Introducing the eSkootr Championship (eSC), led by CEO Hrag Sarkissian, COO Khalil Beschir, ex-Formula driver Alex Wurz and Formula E champion Lucas di Grassi. The racing series is set to launch in 2021 in the hearts of major cities around the world. Read more for a video and additional information.
These aren’t your normal electric scooters, as they are developed by a “recognized high-technology provider” that will unveil a prototype later this year. They will be capable of speeds of greater than 62mph and can accelerate faster than a road car, all ridden by professional racers. This removes the high barrier to entry seen in most other motorsport series, allowing eSC to recruit from a diverse cross-section of competitors, including racing drivers, cyclists, skaters, snowboarders, motorcyclists, and even gamers.
- With its full-size deck and frame, the E200 electric scooter is designed for ages 13 and up
- Powered by a 200-watt, high-torque, single-speed, chain-driven motor that delivers electrifying fun at speeds up to 12 mph (19 km/h)
- Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system provides up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Features an all-steel frame and fork for a solid ride that stands up to rugged use
- 8” (200 mm), pneumatic front and rear tires help soften out rough surfaces for a smooth ride
As the world increasingly looks to sport for leadership in social responsibility, we’re also seeing a growing requirement for conventional motorsport to adapt, develop and diversify. The concept of a new series, operating on a global scale with professional participants, yet running with a carbon-zero footprint and offering solutions for a better, more mobile society is a fascinating glimpse toward a more accessible and sustainable way to go racing,” said LUCAS DI GRASSI, eSC Sustainability Ambassador.