Ubisoft has revealed Far Cry VR: Dive into Insanity, a new location-based experience developed in collaboration with Zero Latency VR, takes a group of up to eight players back to the Rook Islands, the setting of the third game. Captured by Vaas and his henchmen, players will traverse the island and fight for survival together. They’ll also be provided with props and plenty of space to move around, allowing them to become fully immersed in the adventure. Read more for a video and additional information.
Far Cry VR: Dive into Insanity’s mechanics are easy to learn, thus giving players the freedom to discover the immersive world of the game. The keys to success are collaboration and teamwork, which are both needed for players to find their way through the deranged warlord’s jungle gauntlet. It’s set to launch in 2021 exclusively at Zero Latency VR locations, which include more than 45 venues in 22 countries.
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic design: keep your head in the game thanks to a Halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the Fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus touch controllers: arm yourself with our updated Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic Precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus insight tracking: take a step forward with Oculus insight. It translates your movements into VR No matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external Sensors.
When it comes to creating dynamic, memorable gaming experiences, free-roam location-based VR expands the possibilities. Far Cry VR: Dive into Insanity will offer players around the world the opportunity to immerse themselves in the rich setting of Far Cry 3 and take on its iconic villain,” said Deborah Papiernik, VP New Business, Ubisoft.