Floris Schoonderbeek, a Dutch designer and the founder of Weltevree, created Groundfridge. This spherical, underground refrigerator keeps your wine and other foods cool without the use of electricity. Think of it as a modern cellar that can be installed almost anywhere using the constant ground insulation temperature and night temperatures to keep the temperature cool enough for keeping things fresh. Read more for a video and additional information.
It’s recommended for chilling things like fresh produce and wine, thanks to a battery-powered ventilation system that ensures that only the coolest air remains during the night, or more specifically a constant 10° – 12-° C throughout the year. You can access it through a basic door and access its contents with a simple angled staircase. A circular wooden shelf system makes storing things a breeze.
- THE MOST CONVENIENT MICRO-FRIDGE: This compact fridge is perfect for everyday use. You can use it to store your lunch, drinks and baby bottles.
- PORTABLE MINI FRIDGES: 3 pounds, perfect for on the go. You can place this fridge in your car, office or dorm. Plug into either your home outlet or car 12V outlet - Both charges are included in the box.
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: This mini-fridge is (10 x 7 x 10 inches) has a flush-back design that allows for multiple placement options in any room
- COMPACT: 4 Liter capacity chills six 12 oz. soda cans; interior is 5 x 5 x 7. 5 and includes a removable shelf that offers a variety of storage options so you can store small items such as yoghurt, fruit, milk, bottles etc
- GO GREEN! : This product was engineered with thermoelectric technology. It uses advanced semiconductors that are free of CFCs and refrigerants, making it better for the environment.