The Walking Dead received 10.9-million viewers for its season three opening to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history. So, if you’ve ever wondered just how they transform someone into a zombie, these images should explain everything. Continue reading to see more.
5 Interesting facts:
- The Dixon brothers, T-Dog, Jacqui, as well as Morales and his family are not characters in the comic book, although they are each featured prominently in season 1 of the TV series.
- Carol’s husband never appears in the comic, he is only mentioned to have been killed.
- Out of the 20 characters at the camp, only 10 are actually in the comic (Rick Lori, Carl, Shane, Carol, Sophia, Jim, Dale, Andrea, Amy and Glenn).
- The word ‘zombie’ is never said throughout the first season. The zombies are either referred to as “Walkers”, “Geeks”, “Roamers”, “Lamebrains”, and to the CDC, “Test Subjects”.
- In an online interview, it was revealed that Frank Darabont envisioned having several self-contained episodes that would not continue the main story. One such episode would have been the season two premiere. It would have involved Sam Witwer (who Darabont used in The Mist (2007) and played the tank zombie in the series premiere) as a solider in a Black Hawk Down style Atlanta. Witwer would have encountered several of the cast before being bit and locking himself in the tank.