Why bother with a telescope, when you have a Nikon Coolpix P1000 camera? It’s touted as the current greatest-zooming bridge camera yet, with a 125× optical zoom, and a focal range going from 24 mm to 3000 mm 35 mm equivalent focal length. The one downside is its 16MP sensor, which mean the camera isn’t able to capture the level of fine detail of others in a similar price range. Read more for to see what happens when you use it to zoom in on Jupiter and Saturn.
On the bright side, the P1000 is capable of 4K video recording at 30p, while Full HD video is possible up to 60fps. Just like the photos, recording video also suffers from high ISOs and low-light conditions. For autofocus to work perfectly, it also needs good lighting conditions and shooting at shorter focal lengths, mainly due to its contrast-detect-based AF system.
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- High Resolution View Finder and LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight. Lens:14 elements in 12 groups
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results; Note: Refer to user manual PDF attached below in technical specification for trouble shooting steps are on page 54
- USB Charging and Wi-Fi Connectivity: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi Fi connectivity to your mobile device; HDMI D (Micro), Micro USB and USB 2.0 provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices; Max resolution: 4896 x 3672