Amazon’s 8GB Kindle Paperwhite is now waterproof, and you can get one for $84.99 shipped, today only, originally $129.99. This updated model also features updated electronic ink technology for better contrast, complete with a high resolution 300 ppi display for laser-quality text that reads like real paper, while five LEDs and an adjustable front light provide a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Now available in Black, Twilight Blue, Plum, or Sage
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
Most important of all, its battery life lasts weeks not hours, and has a durable design that makes it easy to bring with you on the go. It’s waterproof so you’ll be able to read in even more places. The Paperwhite can withstand accidental drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool, and ocean, thanks to its IPX8 rating, which is good for immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
Customers consistently tell us how much they appreciate having a front light on Kindle devices so they can read in any environment—from a sunny patio to their bed at night. The team worked hard to bring this customer-favorite feature to our most affordable device, and we’re excited to introduce the all-new Kindle—the first Kindle under $100 with a built-in adjustable front light,” said Kevin Keith, Vice President, Amazon Devices.