An 18-meter-tall Gundam robot is set to debut at Gundam Factory Yokohama this fall, a 9,000 square-meter facility set to open at Yamashita Pier. This 25-ton machine will be on display for around a year, starting on October 1st, complete with 24 fully functional joints. This facility will consist of two areas: a 25-meter-tall Gundam-Dock that will serve as its maintenance site, and a two-story building with shops and event space. Read more for a video and additional information.
On weekends in July and August, there will be a soft opening, but for those wanting to see the Gundam robot, you’ll have to wait until October. This giant robot was co-developed by actual robotics and engineering firms, like Asratech Corp. and Yaskawa Electric Corp. are also providing support.
- An updated version of the freedom Gundam from mobile suit Gundam seed features stylized detail and proportion influenced from the mg RM Aile Strike Gundam
- All weapons have been carefully recreated including the beam rifle, beam sabers that can combine, Rail cannons, and Plasma cannons with added gimmicks
- Sliding armor panels in thighs and forearms and flip open hatches in wings allow new possible dynamic display options
- Display stand included, runner x16, dry transfer sheet, sticker sheet, and instruction manual
- Only product with affixed official Bluefin and Bandai Namco label has been thoroughly tested for safety and meets all North American consumer product safety regulations and entitles the purchaser to product support assistance