LightSquared unveiled today “a wholesale only, net-neutral 4G-LTE network that combines with satellite to provide nation-wide broadband wireless access.” Simply put, they plan to cover 90% of the world’s population with their service by 2015, and the remaining 10% with a satellite-based data network. Video after the break.

The resellers can include anything from ISPs to device manufacturers to game developers, and they can choose to buy either LTE access, satellite access, or access to the two combined.

[via MobileCrunch]


A technology, gadget and video game enthusiast that loves covering the latest industry news. Favorite trade show? Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.