So it wasn’t a Dell or IBM this time, but rather a MacBook battery that caught fire after its owner left it to charge for the night. More pics after the jump.

As I got closer I realised it was my mac book …. burning! I picked it up and blew on it and swung it around to put the flames out. The book shelf it was sitting on was burnt and there were a couple of magazines that were on fire too. I quickly put those out and calmed down.
The battery is swollen and burnt so it’s definitely the battery that exploded and caught fire. The macbook is melted on the bottom and severely charred (along with my bookshelves, books, magazines and the wall). The space bar is melted as is the track pad. The screen has been damaged a little too

[via NewLaunches]