NASA has just finalized a $935-million contract with Northrop Grumman to develop the Habitation and Logistics Outpost (HALO) for Gateway, a critical way station that will be in orbit around the Moon during the Artemis Moon program. This Gateway aims to support science investigations and enable surface landings at the Moon, while also preparing astronauts for future missions to Mars. Read more for two videos and additional information.
A November 2024 launch is targeted aboard a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket, and once in orbit, HALO will be where astronauts live as well as conduct research while visiting the Gateway. The pressurized living quarters offers command / control systems for the lunar outpost and docking ports for other spacecraft, like NASA’s Orion. Other functions include hosting science investigations and communicating with lunar surface expeditions.
- Developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of man's historic walk on the moon, this highly detailed collectible LEGO replica of the iconic Apollo 11 Eagle Lunar Lander is a spectacular display model
- It's packed with amazing details, including detachable ascent and descent stages, a lunar surface display base and 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA-detailed spacesuits
- The LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander makes an impressive display for home or office
- The advanced LEGO Creator Expert Apollo 11 Lunar Lander model is a challenging and rewarding LEGO building set that makes a great gift for space and NASA fans, and for kids ages 16+
- The LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep
- Designed for Lego 10266,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
NASA is building the infrastructure to expand human exploration further out into the solar system than ever before, including Gateway, the lunar space station that will help us make inspirational scientific discoveries at and around the Moon. Just as importantly, these investments will help NASA carry out the United States’ horizon goal: to further develop and test the technology and science needed for a human trip to Mars. The HALO is a critical component of Gateway, and this exciting announcement today brings us one step closer to landing American boots on both the Moon and Mars,” said Bill Nelson, NASA Administrator.