Photo credit: Hayley Turnbull
Denis Villeneuve ‘s highly anticipated Dune movie is the first of a planned two-part adaptation of the 1965 novel of the same name by Frank Herbert, which will cover roughly the first half of the book, the first serial published in the Analog magazine. Today, Warner Brothers Pictures released the official trailer and it’s definitely an eye opener. The movie stars many well known actors, including Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Zendaya Coleman, Jason Momoa and Javier Bardem. Read more for the video and additional information.
People who have either read the book or watched the 1984 film probably already know the premise, but for those who haven’t, it’s set in the far future of humanity. Duke Leto Atreides (Oscar Isaac) accepts the task of taking care of the dangerous desert planet Arrakis, also known as Dune, the only source of the most valuable substance in the universe. This drug not only extends human life, but also provides superhuman levels of thought as well as makes faster-than-light travel possible.
- Easy Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to help you find movie titles, launch or change channels, even switch inputs, using just your voice. Also available through the Roku mobile app
- Smart Functionality offers access to over 5,000 streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- 1080p Full HD Resolution excellent detail, color, and contrast
- Direct lit LED produces great picture quality with 60Hz refresh Rate for fast moving action scenes with virtually no Motion blur
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, optical audio out