Did you know that Tom Hardy gained 30-pounds of muscle and studied a number of fighting styles in preparation for his role as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises? If not, continue reading to see how they filmed Bane’s crazy stadium demolition scene in the movie. Continue reading to see more.
5 Interesting facts:
- The very first words spoken in The Dark Knight Rises are in voiceover from Commissioner Gordon, who kicks things off by saying, “I knew Harvey Dent…”
- Christian Bale famously stated that he would have refused to return for part three had the character of Robin been included anywhere in the trilogy. Come on Christian! Not even if Chris O’Donnell came back?
- Bane is first and foremost a man mountain – a vast, terrifying presence, who according to Nolan is, “a classic movie monster.” However, he’s also a keen strategist, and a man with a very well thought out plan. “He has a terrific brain,” says Nolan, describing him as a character “to test Batman mentally as well as physically.”
- Christopher Nolan is the first director to complete a full trilogy of Batman films but the second to direct a full trilogy of films on one superhero (after Sam Raimi completed his Spider-Man movies).
- Christian Bale is the first live action actor to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne in three Batman movies. Kevin Conroy has played the character in seven animated movies as of 2011 (including Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker).