Ken Brinkman awoke at approximately 1:30am this morning to the smell of melting plastic, so it was only natural to check on his charging unibody MacBook Pro. Well, his instincts were correct A faulty MagSafe cable had caught fire and damaged his MacBook Pro. Continue reading for one more picture.

Once again, we implore you: does your MagSafe cable look like this? If so, get it replaced. And while you’re at it, you may want to make sure you don’t have any first gen iPod nanos laying around.

[via Engadget]