Photo credit: Seaman Riley McDowell
The US Navy’s USS Gerald R Ford (CVN 78), the world’s largest aircraft carrier, recently completed the first scheduled explosive event in the Atlantic Ocean as part of the carrier’s Full Ship Shock Trials (FSST). Live explosives were used to confirm the design of new ships as well as their ability to withstand and perform in war-like conditions. It was conducted off the East Coast of the United States, within a narrow schedule that complies with environmental mitigation requirements. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The USS Gerald Ford is the latest and most advanced aircraft carrier in the U.S. Navy to date. It closed out a successful 18-month Post Delivery Test & Trials period back in April, during which the crew completed all required testing, achieved planned improvements and maintenance ahead of schedule. The valuable lessons learned will be used to increase the reliability of Ford-Class systems.
- Build a ship in a bottle featuring a brick-built cork and wax seal, ship with a captain’s quarters, cannons, mast, crow’s nest, sails, flag, display stand with a nameplate and ‘compass’!
- This LEGO Ideas ship in a bottle model kit comes with an instruction booklet including information about the set's fan creator and LEGO designers
- The bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep; Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- 962 pieces – Advanced building set for boys and girls aged 12+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- The LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle 92177 model kit can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO building bricks for creative building
- Designed for Lego 21313, with this light kit, you can bring your Ship in a Bottle from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included) and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
Ford’s shock trials are being conducted off the East Coast of the United States, within a narrow schedule that complies with environmental mitigation requirements, respecting known migration patterns of marine life in the test area. The Navy also has employed extensive protocols throughout FSST to ensure the safety of military and civilian personnel participating in the testing evolution,” said the US Navy.