Visual effects designer Clinton Jones wanted to see just how talented some of the best 3D artists are. So, he decided to hold a Alternate Realities CG challenge where 2,400-entries were received. No textures were provided, just a simple animated scene of what appears to be someone lugging a heavy object. The results ranged from science fiction-inspired scenes to a bar of soap walking across a bathroom. Read more for videos of the top 100 as well as all 2400 entries.
The five best entries received prizes from major computer hardware companies, but all entrants received a nice showcase in the montages. As you can see, imagination was the only limit as to where the direction of this scene could be taken, including a father trekking with a large teddy bear on his back to otters in a Napoleonic uniform, complete with a cannon.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 1140MHz, Boost: 1380MHz, TDP: 115W)
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H Processor
- 240Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
Over the last month, I challenged 3D artists with the Alternate Realities CG challenge. I provided an animation for everyone to work from, and the results were stunning. 2,400 artists delivered, the top 100 were chosen for this montage, and 5 of them walked away with insane prizes,” said the designer.