Photo credit: Stuck Design via Design Boom
Singapore-based Stuck Design unveils the “X-Hood Disposable Patient Isolation Hood,” which offers stronger protection than a mask and comes in the form of a self-supporting 3D enclosure of elegant construction. It’s made from easy to produce sheet elements in plastic and fabrics, thus prioritizing low costs, quick production techniques, and versatility. Read more for a video and additional information.
This head-worn droplet containment shell basically adds an extra layer to minimize cough droplets from dispersal, while achieving higher levels of comfort for the patient wearing it. The entire back fabric doubles as a filter, and, when combined with assisted airflow, it reduces the resistance for filtered exhalation to exit.
- Full manufacturer's warranty fulfilled by Flashforge, and free email support provided by expert FlashForge technicians
- A sturdy metal frame that is substantially more stable than the Creator's original wood frame.Build volume 8.9 X 5.8 X 5.9 inches
- Aviation level aluminum plate with a thickness of 6.3mm guarantee its surface is completely flat and will not warp during heating process
- Metal platform support plus 10mm guide rod ensure a precise Z axis movement and prevent platform arm from deforming. Filament Compatibility- PLA, ABS, PLA Color Change, Pearl, ABS Pro, Elastic, PVA, HIPS, PETG, TPE, TPU, Conductive Filament, Flexible Filament, Metal Filled Filament, Wood Filled Filament, and PP
- Enclosed chamber insulates and protects ABS prints.Filament Diameter:1.75 mm [0.069 in]