Didn’t life seem a lot more fascinating as a child? I mean, some literally spent all-day hopping on beds, treating it as a trampoline. As adults, we tend to see a bed simply as something used for sleeping. Continue reading to see ten more reasons why geeks should always be kids at heart.
5 Interesting candy facts:
- Candy became widely available only 130 years ago. Until then, people would make their own fudge or caramel at home.
- Candy is a health scapegoat – 100 years ago, doctors blamed candy for the spread of polio. In the mid to late 20th century it was blamed for tooth decay. Now it is blamed for obesity.
- Candy accounts for only 6% of the added sugar in the American diet. Soft drinks and juice account for 46%.
- Candy is the 575th most popular name for girls.
- It’s unbelievable now, but candy once was advertised as health food. “Eat Tootsie Rolls – The Luscious Candy That Helps Beat Fatigue.”