The number of children who overheated and died inside cars increased across the country last year, but now a 10-year-old boy from McKinney has invented what he hopes is a life-saving gadget that every parent could use. According to Bishop Curry V, he was inspired to create a device he calls “Oasis” after a baby died in a hot minivan last summer outside a home in Melissa. This small device would basically attach to a car seat, detect if a child is left inside the vehicle, and then blow cool air until parents and / or authorities are notified. Continue reading for more pictures and information.
“Sometimes babies fall asleep and they’re really quiet, so if you’re rushing home from work or you’re rushing to the grocery store, I could see how somebody could forget,” said Curry IV, Bishop Curry V’s father, who is an engineer for Toyota in Plano.